Friday 27 August 2010

Butterflies and Moths (8): Painted Ladies




I thought back to last summer and the invasion of Painted Ladies. I have hardly seen any this year, but you can read about their mass migration antics here. If you have seen Painted Ladies in 2010, you might care to log them here.

I thought this butterfly would be a good subject for my experiment at enlarging the size of my photos on Blogger, thanks to a little help from Madsen Madness. Feel free to let me know how these look for size on your screen.

2 comments:

Rosie Nixon Fluerty said...

I've only seen 1 Caroline and that was one that had flown into the house through the open window. Lovely photos and great info to click on aswell.

Mary said...

I haven't seen many Painted Ladies here, either this year.....one or two and none of the American Painted Ladies.