Thursday 16 April 2020

Dunnock


We very rarely have Sparrows in our garden, but we often see Dunnocks, well, usually two Dunnocks to be precise. I feel they are rather unsung heroes as they keep themselves pretty much to themselves and, like the Wren, are often hidden away in the undergrowth. But they are lovely birds, and it was good to see this one braving the coconut feeder with its fat and sunflower kernels. Perhaps it was the seeds that attracted it.


The last couple of days have seen me log one Small White and one Holly Blue to my Butterfly Conservation Garden Butterfly Survey list. I keep hoping the sunny weather will attract more soon...

1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

Lovely to see your Dunnock. We normally have two or three but unbelievably I have not seen even one this year :( I entered this year's records on the BC Garden Butterfly Survey site this afternnon.