Friday 4 September 2020

My view of the Elephant Hawk-moth Larva



Having posted a few photos taken earlier in the week by David of an Elephant Hawk-moth larva he had seen en route to the nearest Post Office, I was absolutely delighted this afternoon to learn that there was a caterpillar in very close proximity to our home. As you can see it was busy eating its way through some Rosebay Willowherb leaves when I arrived.




I like the way its shape seems to mirror the grass seedhead just below it!





Not much left of the plant!

3 comments:

Ragged Robin said...

Super! I have never actually seen one! Your photos are great.

Mike Perry said...

What lovely photos. I remember one of these, as a caterpillar, munching its way up one of my fuchsia plants. Interesting post.

Lowcarb team member said...

What fabulous photographs.

All the best Jan