Tuesday, 31 January 2012
Monday, 30 January 2012
|The remains, I'm guessing, of the white webs of last year's Brown-Tail Moth caterpillars (Euproctis Chrysorrhoea) on Sea Buckthorn|
David took the photo above for me of Bawdsey Quay.
We really enjoyed watching the fly-pasts of skeins of geese.
The sunset was simply stunning!
... when a seal popped up!
It didn't hang about, so we drove home for a cup of tea.
Monday, 23 January 2012
|We took a stroll around Mistley Towers, part of a ruined Robert Adam church near Manningtree, UK . . .|
|. . . There were a lot of Mute Swans on the estuary foreshore.|
|Some were more interested in posing for the camera than others!|
|A portrait in profile.|
|These Shelducks were heading for home . . .|
|I think these are Bar-tailed Godwits . . .|
|. . . and a Common Sandpiper, in late afternoon light.|
|We spotted a pair of these Greylag geese at the nearby Alton Water Park.|
- Pigeon (USA)
- Starling (Liberty Island, NY, USA)
- Egret (wetlands outside New York, USA . . . hard to tell which species, Great or Little)
- ?Red-tailed Hawk (NY, USA)
- Sparrow (Liberty Island, NY, USA)
- Mute Swan (Mistley, Essex, UK)
- Shelduck (ditto)
- Bar-tailed Godwit (ditto)
- Common Sandpiper (ditto)
- Carrion Crow (ditto)
- Assorted - but unidentified - gulls (ditto and rivers Hudson and Delaware, USA)