Monday 30 March 2015

Blossoms of Hope Collaboration



And now for something a little different and rather special. My kind and creative friend and poetic collaborator, Kay Weeks (in the USA), has done a wonderful and spirited watercolour inspired by my one of my photographs of Loch Scavaig on the Isle of Skye. Kay's painting is the blue and indigo one in the centre of the invitation card above.

Travellers love to cross the unpredictable waters of the sea loch to reach the magical Loch Coruisk, painted so vividly by Turner and described by Sir Walter Scott as 'that dread lake'.


Loch Coruisk ...

... with its guardians

I am touched and humbled that Kay has chosen to put her painting of my photo forward as part of the Portraits and Profiles: Inspirations in my Life project to raise the profile of Blossoms of Hope, an organisation that supports the Claudia Mayer/Tina Broccolino Cancer Resource Center of Howard County General Hospital. 


Thank you, Kay! 
Rendez-vous in Philadelphia: me (left), Kay (centre), David Gill (left)

6 comments:

eileeninmd said...

What a lovely use of your photo and a beautiful watercolor! Sounds like a very worthy organization with some great events happening soon. Happy Monday, have a great week ahead!

Kay Weeks said...

WOW, Caroline--so great of you to do this. I really appreciate it.
Beautiful, informative--to the point!

Love,
Kay

Kay Weeks said...

Thanks so much, Caroline! This is perfect.

Kay

Wilma said...

Well done, both of you.

Crafty Green Poet said...

Congratulations, a lovely painting and a lovely photo of a beautiful place

Unknown said...

Timely article . I was fascinated by the info ! Does someone know where my company would be able to acquire a blank a form form to fill out ?