Thursday 6 May 2021

My Puffin Photograph on the Cover of 'Reading Between The Lines' by Neil Leadbeater


Littoral Press, £8.50
 

Those who follow my blog posts, and perhaps particularly this one, will know that (in normal times) I enjoy watching Puffins as they move about on and off our coastal cliffs. I am thrilled to have one of my Puffin photographs on the cover of Neil Leadbeater's new poetry collection, published by Mervyn Linford of Littoral Press. David and I met Neil back in 2011 as fellow participants at Swansea's First International Festival of Poetry, organised by Peter Thabit Jones of The Seventh Quarry Press (Swansea) with Stanley H. Barkan of Cross-Cultural Communications (New York).

This fine collection includes poems rooted in a variety of rural (e.g. Tarr Steps), coastal (e.g. Aldeburgh) and urban (e.g. Port of Tyne) landscapes. A compelling sense of musicality pervades much of Neil's work, aided and abetted by a sprinkling of alliterations and allusions. I have been particularly enjoying the poem sequences ... and the Puffin poem, of course!  

P.S. This has also been posted on my Poetry and Writing blog since the subject was relevant to both.  

3 comments:

Wilma said...

Well done, Caroline! That is a terrific shot.

Jennifer Tetlow said...

Congratultions! What a proud Puffin, and a beautiful photograph.

Lowcarb team member said...

That is a great photograph.

All the best Jan