Wednesday 2 January 2019

Seasonal Visits to the Suffolk Coast

Crow at Felixstowe
A very happy new year to all ...

and here are a few sea snaps taken along the Suffolk coast over the last couple of weeks. 



Pier Parade, Felixstowe
iii
The beach at beautiful Bawdsey

Bawdsey
Common Whelk eggcase, I think, found at Bawdsey (I always thought these were Skate egg cases...)
Cuttlefish cuttlebone, Bawdsey

Catshark eggcase, I think, found at Bawdsey


Dried-up Catshark eggcase, I think, found at Felixstowe
Whelk shell, Felixstowe
Beach huts, Southwold

Pebble assortment

I wonder which sort of weed, Southwold

Turnstone, Southwold

Southwold, sunset light

Southwold

Have a Wild and Wonderful New Year!



5 comments:

Simon Douglas Thompson said...

Those birds are full of character

Wilma said...

Great photos, Caroline! I especially like the catshark egg case and the pebbles. Wishing you and yours a wonderful 2019.
cheers,
Wilma

Ragged Robin said...

Wishing you a very Happy New Year Caroline filled with wildlife and poetry :)

A lovely set of coastal images - so enjoyable to see all your discoveries on the beach and coastal views.

Lowcarb team member said...

Such a beautiful selection of photographs.
Happy New Year Wishes.

All the best Jan

David M. Gascoigne, said...

I think that Redshank must be one of the most appropriately named of all shorebirds!