Monday 14 March 2016

More Frogspawn at Felixstowe


We went looking for spawn at Felixstowe over the weekend, and as you can see, it was still there. I am wondering what the difference is between the two clumps in the picture above. Please leave a comment if you can enlighten me. Is it just a matter of age? Incidentally, I have just joined iSpot so thank you to those who suggested that I might like to do this. It is taking me a little while to find my way around.



The photo below suggests to me that it will not be too long before we are past the spawning stage ...


3 comments:

L. D. said...

This brings back memories of our farm pond. I didn't always get to see them in egg stage but I sure saw all those black tailed fellows swimming around.

Ian Doyle said...

Super news. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I get frogspawn again this year.

Simon Douglas Thompson said...

Fabulous to see their tiny bodies develop like that. Not seen any spawn around here yet.