Monday 19 June 2017

My BBC Springwatch SOS Wildflower Trough (5) - Pollinators!


My patience has been rewarded with spring flowers and pollinators. There were a number of bees and Marmalade Hoverflies around the wildflower trough today - a joy to see!










And finally, just to add a bit more color to this post, these last three pictures were taken today and show an insect, probably a bee of some kind, making use of the insect hotels...

We have small swarms of cockchafers around the silver birch for the last few evenings and a few bats. There have been moths in and out of the window.





3 comments:

Crafty Green Poet said...

Lovely photos Caroline, nice clear shot of the marmalade hoverfly in flight!

Amanda Peters said...

How great you have insects coming to your flowers, love the bug houses. I have three on a sunny wall and quite soon Mason bees moved in. This could be what you have.

Thanks for the lovely comment you left on my blog, not sure if it was a mistake or you wanted to comment on that post but it's an old post from 2016, I am interested to know as I have just changed the layout of my blog.

Amanda xx

Lowcarb team member said...

Lovely to see all of your photographs here.
I am so pleased your patience has been rewarded, so many insects, amazing.
I really like your bug houses too, they are colourful.

Enjoy your weekend

All the best Jan